Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Nprotect folder Delete

Networking & Security

Old 10-06-2009

Nprotect folder Delete

I just installed AVG antivirus that I saw recommended on the forum. it is now my scanner in MSDOS, and good, it finds a virus:

File C:/RECYCLER/NPROTECT/00011045.exe is infected by VBS: Redlof. (and on others. exe in the same file (00011068.exe kind ...)
it cannot repair it and I am going to delete it or move it, is it important?

Old 10-06-2009

Re: Nprotect folder Delete

Have you tried with Stinger and do your scans in Safe Mode?

With AVG you have to have the option to put it in the "Vault", ie it does not delete the file, but places it in quarantine.

So, the virus continues to be active and if it doesn't repair, delete it.

To delete Nprotect folder, click on Start button, go to Run - type rmdir /s \\?\C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT, it will delete the file.
Old 10-06-2009

Re: Nprotect folder Delete

Symantec admits that it has a rootkit hidden in Norton System Works. Symantec is the reason that the rootkit to prevent users from accidentally deleting files.

After warnings from security experts that the rootkit can be used by hackers to malware on a computer to hide, Symantec has released an update for SystemWorks available, allowing users to remove the rootkit.

A spokesman for Symantec said that the company, in the wake of several warnings, the desirability of hidden rootkits re-evaluated. Although the chance that a hacker exploited the rootkit an attack to be carried out, the company has yet released an update to the folder with the rootkit visible.

The leaflet, called Norton Protected Recycle Bin, Norton System Works was built together with the file NProtect. This file is hidden Windows APIs so that files in the folder NProtect not seen by Windows by virus scans. NProtect to prevent users of System Works accidentally delete important files permanently.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,