Thread: My system is infected with trojan.fakeavalert

My system is infected with trojan.fakeavalert

My system is giving a continuous warning denoting that windows has detected spyware infection. It is recommended to run a scan. I had run the antivirus but it has not gone yet. In the scan result the name of file is termed as trojan.fakeavalert. I have a fully updated Nod 32 Antivirus program. I scanned it in safe mode also but still the warning pops-up after a interval of time. Kindly suggest me any solution for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: My system is infected with trojan.fakeavalert

Get an free antispyware tool from the internet. Run the scan in safe mode. Note down the name of threat detected and search in windows. Locate the file and delete it manually. It is an virus and will make your system unstable if does not removed in time. The second option which I will recommend you to run the Windows Malicious software tool. It is a freeware tool you can download from Microsoft website. Install and run it. It will scan your whole system for any malicious software which is can be caues of warning. Normally rojan.fakeavalert is an adware. After installing go to Start Menu > Run. In the dialog box type mrt. A window will popup which will provide you more troubleshooting options.

It is a malware. It displays an fake windows warning which pop-ups from the system tray regularly annoying the user. When click on the warning it will redirect to some website and start downloading a application. Beware it not a windows waring. It is a fake warning generated by the virus. The download more virus on your system. These will make your system unstable and even crash. It slows down your system and it is capable to turn off your fire wall and other security tools. You will need to download Adware Away from the internet. After downloading and installing close all the internet explorer. Run the application. After scanning click on next button. Click on Specialized remover in the left side. Run the service. After finishing everything restart your windows.

Trojan.fakeavalert is a malware virus. It generates a false windows warning. When click on the warning to fix it will direct you to an website from where your system will get infected by more potential threat. It is an automated virus which runs at start up. It creates following files in your system :
    • C:\Documents and Settings\UserProfile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\system.exe
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ Start Menu\Programs\Startup\autorun.exe
    • %System%\printer.exe
    • %System%\WinAvXX.exe

The registry value which it creates in the system are :
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WinAVX" = "%System%\WinAvXX.exe"
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WinAVX" = "%System%\WinAvXX.exe"

You can manually locate the above path and delete the files created by the virus. To remove the virus completely you will need to follow some steps. Like disable system restore on a temporary basis. Update your anti virus and run a full system scan in safe mode.