Thread: Need to know about SkyTel.exe file

Need to know about SkyTel.exe file

Hi,
    When ever I start up my system I see this file running SkyTel.exe. I had never seen this file before. Never heard about Sky Tel. What is it mean. Is some virus affected my system. But I had Norton in my computer. I have an Intel C2D processor with 1gigs of ram. The mobo is gigabyte. I run a full system scan and still does not got anything. As my system is connected to a wireless router I believe the virus entered from the net. Please suggest me the cure of this file. Regards.

Re: Need to know about SkyTel.exe file

It is not a virus or a malware. Well skytel.exe is an realteck voice manger. It is provided by realtek group. It is an part of your realtek sound driver. It normally belongs ot realtek voice manager. In simple parts it is an audio driver. It is highly recommended that you must not delete it or disable it. It is an essential application required to let your sound work properly. Do not worry it is an system file installed in your pc when you had purchased. Only thing is that you had noticed it now. Even if you worry you can run a system scan and check out for viruses in your system. The best practice is to keep your firewall always on. Because it block open connections and unwanted access to your system. The location of this file is windows directory.

Re: Need to know about SkyTel.exe file

It gets installed in your system when setup your system after formatting or purchased a new one. It is a vital file which is related with Realtek voice manager. You cannot get from the the internet. Because it not a virus. When windows loads up some essential services loads up automatically so that all the hardware can co-ordinate with each other properly. It is the part of that process. If you stop it then your sound part can be effected. It is always wrongly verified as virus or spyware or adware. It is possible that some viruses and spywares are similar to this file. But there is some difference. It is produce and provided by Realtek and it is a audio manager. It is located in windows system 32 folder. This is an default location for this file. It is highly recommended that you must not disable it anyhow. If you stop it can expect some malfunctioning of sounds in your pc.