Thread: AVG free shows "General Error- Not enough memory, write error" while updating

AVG free shows "General Error- Not enough memory, write error" while updating

Recently i was trying to update my Free version of AVG on my system. After finding the correct download, as i was trying to complete the task it showed me a message saying "General Error- Not enough memory, write error" on my desktop screen. Can any body tell me that why i'm not able to update my Free version of AVG on my pc? Do i require some more RAM on my pc? Can any body tell me the correct solution in order to get rid of the above issue? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: AVG free shows "General Error- Not enough memory, write error" while updating

The most effective solution for the above issue that you can dois just simply click on Tools, then select Advanced Settings. Then you need to click on Update and then need to uncheck the box that says “Use DNS update” on your pc. That's it and your job is done.

Re: AVG free shows "General Error- Not enough memory, write error" while updating

You need to open the settings of "Update Manager" component. Then you need to open the AVG User Interface, which you will get by clicking on the AVG icon on your desktop. Then you need to choose "Advanced settings" from your "Tools" menu. Then you need to select the "Update" item, afterwards you need to select the "Manage" tab and need to click on the "Delete temporary update files" button. And finally click on the Update AVG Program on your pc, which will help you to update free AVG on your system.

I think you should try out some other antivirus programs such as Avast or Avira which also gives out free version to use. They are good as compare to AVG and one can easily rely on.