Thread: Unable to remove Win Antivirus Vista/XP

Unable to remove Win Antivirus Vista/XP

I have found that my PC is infected with the Win Antivirus XP, this is actually given by one of my colleague as he is also unaware about the same, but now it has become headache about how to remove it safely without any damage, I found that this is fake when it started giving me an error messages plus pop-us, when i search regarding it on the internet,I have tried it removing it from my pc but it won't remove completely, please suggest me how do I get rid of this problem.

Re: Unable to remove Win Antivirus Vista/XP

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Download Link

• Once downloaded, close all programs and Windows on your computer, including this one.
    • Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup.exe. This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.
    • Keep the setting as it is, do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button.
    • MBAM will now automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan. As MBAM will automatically update itself after the install.

• Go to Start > Search > for Win Anti-virus in all Files or Folders.
    • In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in "Win Antivirus Vista/XP" file name(s).
    • To find the better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.
    • When Windows finishes your search, hover over the "In Folder" of "Win Antivirus Vista/XP", highlight the file and copy/paste the path into the address bar. Once Win Antivirus Vista/XP's trial version is installed, it will run a fake system scan to generate a list of spyware results that are supposedly found in your system. Save the file's path on your clipboard because you'll need the file path to delete Win Antivirus Vista/XP in the following manual removal steps.

you need to Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to start Task Manager and to end the following processes (if they exist):
    winavista.exe
    winaxp.exe
    You need to Locate and delete the following folder or files if it exist on your computer:

c:\Program Files\Win-Antivirus
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Win Antivirus
    Go to Start, type Regedit and press Enter
    From your Registry, locate and delete the following registry key:

%UserProfile%HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Win Antivirus Vista/XP"

hi,
    because your registry have been modified.
    you need clean your registry,problem will be solved.
    http://www.keep-pc-clean.com/
    holp it will help you.