Thread: Can't update avg

Can't update avg

Last month i downloaded AVG 8 antivirus on my pc. , Yesterday i try to update it so i press update but it says "the connection with update server has failed" Can anyone what was the problem ?

Thanks

Re: Can't update avg

I think AVG server will be busy thats why you got this error. Try here to download updates for avg.

There is no problem in AVG server Yesterday i downloaded AVG 8.5 and also update that no problem at all. Download AVG 8.5 and update it instead of AVG 8.

Something has corrupted your CTF files and the following should remove them so new copies can be downloaded. You must be logged into the system as a computer administrator when you create and run the following file. Using NOTEPAD create a file named ResetCTF.cmd and copy/paste the following two lines in it... Then save the file to a location of your choice.

FOR /F "tokens=2*" %%a IN ('reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg8" /v "AvgAllUsersDir"') DO (SET avgdatapath=%%~fb)
    del "%avgdatapath%\update\download\*.ctf"

While saving give file name ResetCTF.cmd and make certain that the Save as type option is set as All Files and not Text Document. After that just click on the file to run the file. If it was created properly, you should see a black Command box flash on the screen briefly, if it was not created properly NOTEPAD or your default text editor will open. Once you have run that file.. try updating AVG again.

Source : AVG Forums