Thread: Wireless Card Invalid Ip Address

Wireless Card Invalid Ip Address

Hello , i Have Toshiba Laptop with With Wireless Card connection , installed with Windows Vista Having 4 Gb Ram , the Lan Card is WRT54G , The Problem is that the my computer Cannot Connect to Internet and, i Have also have Desktop computer There Seem to be Problem With that ALso , i Keep Getting Error Messages Such Invalid ip Address and No Connectivity , Can You please Tell me the Solution to this problem thank in advance

Re: Wireless Card Invalid Ip Address

As You Gettting invalid Ip Address Error message This means that you Might be Having invalid ip address or Your computer is not receiving any ip address from the dhcp server. This address is provided by Windows Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA). This happens whenever windows did not find any ip address. This could be a dhcp problem or windows issue. I suggest that you should disable the security in both the Router and the Wireless computer, make sure that you have a Wireless connection, and then enable WPA-AES in the Router, and there after in the Cleint usingthe same passphrase.

One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. If you cannot connect to the Internet and you have tried all other methods to resolve the problem, TCP/IP might be causing it. Because TCP/IP is a core component of Windows, you cannot remove it. However, you can reset TCP/IP to its original state by using the NetShell utility (netsh).

Follow these steps to use the reset command to reset TCP/IP manually:
    • To open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:
    • cmd
    • At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
    • netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

If connecting to your network using Wi-Fi and using wireless security, your WEP or other security key may not be set properly. Check the wireless security configuration on your computer's network adapter and update if it necessary. Press the windows key and 'r' at the same time, type 'cmd' and press enter. Type 'ipconfig /release' and press enter. It should come up with your network addresses as 0.0.0.0 Then type 'ipconfig /renew' It shouldn't take more than a few seconds, and if you're connected to the router, you'll recieve your new ip address, etc.