Thread: Online backup needed

smile Online backup needed

I am searching for a solution that automatically takes incremental backups of my data, so that I stay assured of data stored at the secured data centres without having worry of loosing it.

I was thinking about online backup. Will that be reliable? Please suggest few good options.

Re: Online backup needed

MySQL Backup is currently being developed and this page describes the work in progress. MySQL Backup enables you to backup a consistent image of a MySQL Server's data and associated metadata via a direct connection to the MySQL server.

The backup is synchronized between different storage engines and with the binary log (that can be used for point in time recovery). Different techniques are used by different storage engines to provide the best possible backup and restore. The backup image is stored as a file by the MySQL server.

Re: Online backup needed

I think as per your requirement 'BackupandShare.com' will suit you perfectly. It takes automatic incremental backup. So you can access updated version of your data from anywhere. This is the most secure and reliable backup service amongst the current lot. I switched to this service after trying out various renowned backup services. No wonder they are the topper at http://top10onlinebackup.com/.