Thread: Can't get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut

Can't get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut

The Avira antivirus that I am running in my computer that is installed with the Windows Vista operating system has detected a threat called Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut. The terrible situation is that even if it has detected this infection, I can't get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut from the antivirus interface. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Any help if appreciated.

Re: Can't get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut

It seems that the infection has taken over the antivirus by manipulating the settings of the registry entries of the antivirus software. This is why you can't get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut. In such a situation, you need to uninstall the antivirus, remove all its traces and then, reboot your system. After that, install the antivirus again. The database of the antivirus has to be updated, so that the signatures of all the new infections will be added into it. I hope that the threat will be removed after that.

If you can't get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut with the normal scanning methods, then you have to scan the entire system in the safe mode. In this mode, all the infections in the system will remain inactive. So, it will be very simple for the antivirus to eradicate the same. For getting into this mode, you have press F8 before the operating system is loaded.

According to me, The Avira antivirus is not capable of getting rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut and other such infections. From the name itself, you can know that this is a trojan. Such infections seem to be genuine from outside, but its activities are always harmful to the system. It cannot be detected by the normal means of detection.

It is recommended that you format the system as soon as possible or its presence in the computer can lead to serious circumstances like system crash and so on.

Quick Heal antivirus is a security tool that provides the feature of boot scanning. This is a scan that takes place before the startup of the operating system. I think the situation that you can't get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut can be resolved with the help of this feature, that comes with this antivirus. So, install it immediately and let me know if the infection is eradicated or not.

If there are unwanted activities that are going on within the system, then they need to be monitored. Antivirus cannot be used for this purpose. You have to install a tool called as an anti-malware, that keeps a check on all the processes. So, when a process causing any malicious activity or an activity harmful to the system is detected, the application or program responsible for that process will be removed completely. Spyware Doctor is the most commonly used anti-malware.

Thanks for providing all possible solutions on the situation to get rid of Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.ayut. I did not have the time to try any of the solutions. Well, I will check out with them today and let you people know if I am not able to remove the infection with any of these methods specified. I hope to get such cooperation in the future too.