Thread: How to reset Cable Box

How to reset Cable Box

I have just bought a Digital Cable Box for my TV two months back. Now i am facing a strange problem in it is that i have to change every channel twice. that is if i want to see the next channel then i will need to change it twice. I have got a copy of every channel beside those channel. So i was thinking of to set my Digital Cable Box to factory setting. But i don't know how is this possible. Can someone help with this ???

Re: How to reset Cable Box

INSTRUCTION : How to reset Cable Box

Separate all mains cables from the box. Wait 3-5 min. no longer than 5 MIN. stops you the power key and select you in the same time and do not release. You are credit someone the equipment again into enterprise to hold… and Kraft and the SELECT key. They should it counting of 300 to 0 set. Do not let go oneself, to it on 0 (it is approx. 5 min). As soon as it will stop on 0, then it COUNT down that, if you release. Do not affect everything that you did are clearly, the power pack bat " and that becomes clear, the EPROM from the last mark, if the cable under the name to it, her in the reason only the MAC address. The screen is put back and it becomes empty. Only min wants to wait 5 and you, until the clock. DONT TOUCH THE BOX, until the time again ON. Now the clock is and you can the power key. Go on attitudes, and you can do all your last PPV became, also expectation are.

DVR HDD Reset :

WARNING: This will eliminate all your records, all recordings, all records series (your priority list of series), all records and manuals! ! Note everything you can before you make this!

The DVR must be ignition. It presses CABLE, POWER to deactivate the square. Immediately it presses OK/SELECT so that it appears the page of diagnosis. Although in this screen, it presses the following sequences to press the key to the left one shoots with an arrow (REPLAY in some remote controls) 2 times, next, presses the MyDVR (READY in some remote controls), the button 3 times the button 2 times live. " Clr" they appear in screen LED. OK/SELECT beats to come with the resumption. The STB must reformat the HD and soon it realises a STB to reinitiate and to begin to recharge his cable configuration and hour of the head. Next, they begin to populate GuĂ*a with data during next the 2 - 24 hours.

In some systems, the button beats landlord can be 1-3-1, 2-3-2, not like previously. This is certain at least for the DCT 3416 Is on Shaw.

Ok, I am totally lost on the how-to that was posted. Will someone please speak english... not broken, because I cannot follow the steps if there was any. Thank you for anyone's assistance

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBeach View Post
    Ok, I am totally lost on the how-to that was posted. Will someone please speak english... not broken, because I cannot follow the steps if there was any. Thank you for anyone's assistance
    Which cable box are you using by the way, can you please specify in detail as to what you are asking? You can try one of the resets listed here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_...ola_DVR/Resets. This is a good site to learn a few tips and tricks for Motorola DVR's. Poke around there for other topics as well.