Thread: Incoming connections depend on the routing and remote access service which was unable to start

Incoming connections depend on the routing and remote access service which was unable to start

I have installed VPN long back on my computer but due to some reasons I reinstalled Windows on my computer and now I can no longer set up VPN again on this comp. I get this very strange error: "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non Microsoft service, contact the service vendor and refer to service-specific error code 340."
    I am done with all possible ways to install VPN on my machine but none of them works. Please help me. Thank you
    wus up everybody?

Re: Incoming connections depend on the routing and remote access service which was unable to start

To resolve this issue, enable the disabled services, and then start the services:
    1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
    2. Double-click Services and Applications, and then double-click Services.
    3. Right-click Telephony, and then click Properties.
    4. On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.
    5. On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click OK.
    6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 for the Remote Access Connection Manager service and for the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service.

More information here

Re: Incoming connections depend on the routing and remote access service which was unable to start

Check that in WIN XP installation location in system32\inetsrv\ whether you have 87 files and 6 Folders (or more). If you have less than this m, this means some files have been delted due to virus or some other problem. Replace or copy these files from some other working XP system and get work done. The similar problem I was facing too but after copying files of INETSRV foolder from another computer I have got sorted out of this trouble.

Do you have file and print sharing for microsoft networks installed as well as client for microsoft networks network client? Configure WINS/DNS.Install MUVPN. If your did download the MUVPN software did it ask for like a .wgx file. This file should contain something along the lines of username,shared key/and setting that enable remote computer access over the internet.