Thread: ISATAP Adapter in Device Manager

ISATAP Adapter in Device Manager

Hello , after installing Windows Vista When i Check in Device Manager, There was a Entry With the yellow exclamation mark in the Network Adapters display as "Microsoft ISATAP Adapter".i think There was Some problem with it Status as it shows this error message that "Windows is unable to install this driver".please tell Me how can i solve these problem with Microsoft ISATAP Adapter ? i Dont what is this Microsoft ISATAP Adapter , Thanks in advance

Re: ISATAP Adapter in Device Manager

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark (!) next to it in Device Manager. Additionally, when you open the properties dialog box for the device, you receive an error message that resembles the following: Windows cannot load driver (Code 31)You can safely ignore this error message. This error message does not indicate a problem with the adapter. The adapter will continue to work correctly.

It is already installed with your Windows Operating system. It supports automatic tunneling and also its interface management in the same way as the Non-broadcast Multiple access and some other models do. The Microsoft ISATAP device Inter Site Automatic Tunneling Address Protocol is used to help enterprises transition to an IPv6 infrastructure. The ISATAP adapter encapsulates IPv6 packets by using an IPv4 header. This functionality enables the client to transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 infrastructure. This approach lets organizations slowly migrate to an IPv6 infrastructure without having to spend excessive time and financial resources to convert to the new infrastructure.

Check this thread For more information about these problem need driver for Microsoft ISATAP Adapter