Thread: Remove logonui.exe application error from Win XP

Remove logonui.exe application error from Win XP

I am facing with the very strange problem while shutting down my computer i sees that my operating system uses this problem while shutting down and this file seems to be corrupted, i have doubt that if it uses while shutting down then this file should be available on the OS cd. It has also gives me an error The instruction at 0x7c9ef08f referenced memory at 0x7c9ef08f this is really understandable why it has been displaying this problem.

Re: Remove logonui.exe application error from Win XP

Are you thinking of replacing file? but Instead of replacing files, run the system file checker Go to start/run and type in sfc /scannow and hit OK, if you have installed Win XP it will ask for XP CD and It will check and replace any system files like logonui.exe, that it finds damaged or corrupted.When it is done you will need to reboot, and go to windows update as you may have to install your updates.

angry Re: Remove logonui.exe application error from Win XP

Here i will suggest that remove your hard drives and put them in another computer to check whether the problem is not related to your hard drive while attaching your hard drive to other computer make sure that you have change the jumper on the hard drive to make it slave so that way it will work fine with the computer and back up your data then format.

Re: Remove logonui.exe application error from Win XP

If I am not mistaking then "logonui.exe - application error" is related to the application error, and as you have suggested it is giving you the memory referenced error. The required data was not placed into memory because of I/O error status of 0xc000009c. Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on Cancel to debug the program." you just try to re-boot in safe mode and safe mode w/DOS prompt.