Thread: Wii not connecting to internet

Wii not connecting to internet

I am having a Linksys WAG200G wireless router using WPA2. When i am trying to connect Wii to internet i get an Error 51330. When i tried Wii on another PC's it works fine. I also added the Wii's MAC address to the accepted list and the Wii can see the access point, but can't connect.What is the problem? How can i fix it ? Please help..

Re: Wii not connecting to internet

First of all, i will suggest you to do the firmware update and try setting up the Wii with a static IP and putting that in the DMZ of the router.Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on and set your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11.If you have an existing wireless connection or are in a Wi-Fi hotspot, the unit will connect to your wireless connection automatically out of the box. If you do not have a wireless network, however, you will need to have your wireless network subscription done or set-up first. Once you have wireless Internet access, you then search for your access point, put in your security settings and you’re good to go.

Setting the channel 1 or 11 is the best option to fix this error.Or try this: Go to Wii Options and click on Wii settings and from the first list click the right arrow.Now click on Internet and than Connection Settings now from the list click on Connection 1. Now you can see the Wireless Connection option, click it and search for an Access Point. Now it will automatically search for any access point, once finished click Ok. If any problem occurs click on Try again. hope tis will work for you.

Another option would be to connect your Wii via the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. This accessory allows Nintendo Wii users who do not have an existing Wi-Fi connection or a compatible Wi-Fi network to create one through their broadband or DSL connected computer. make sure your Wii is up to date. Click the right arrow from the 2nd page of Wii System Settings.Click Wii System Update and click yes to update it.