Thread: How to install firmware on linksys router

How to install firmware on linksys router

I am using linksys router i want to install firmware on it. I try to downloaded the firmware from site which was a .bin file. I tried running it, burning it with power ISO, nothing happened. can someone help me ?

Thanks

Re: How to install firmware on linksys router

If Your linksys router has a New Firmware Update available In order to upgrade your LinkSys firmware. Then download the firmware that best fits your computer. Save that on your hard drive and then install it.

To setup a Linksys router with a DSL connection you need to perform six steps:
    • Downloading the Firmware
    • Backing-Up the Router's Settings
    • Upgrading the Router's Firmware
    • Completing the Firmware Upgrade
    • Restoring the Router's Settings
    • Completing the Firmware Upgrade Process

Before downloading the firmware, make sure your computer has an active Internet connection. If your computer is plugged directly into the router and cannot get online, disconnect your router and plug your computer directly into your cable or DSL modem.

1. Go to the Linksys Support page, click here and verify the model and version number of your Linksys product. Click Image next to "Where's my model number" and follow the on-screen instructions.
    2. After obtaining the model number of the Linksys router, enter the model number in the Enter model or serial number field. Click Next.
    3. Click on Get Downloads.
      NOTE: In this example, we used WRT160N. The image may vary depending on the model number of the Linksys product.
    4. Click on the Select Your Version drop-down menu and select the version of your router.
    5. Click Download under Firmware to download the latest firmware for your router.
    6. Click Save in the File Download dialog box that appears. Look for the Save As dialog box, choose a location for the file like the Desktop and click Save. When the download is complete, click Close, if prompted.
    7. If you're using Mac, it will automatically download and unzip the file and save it on Downloads folder.

NOTE: The name of the file may vary depending on the firmware file of your router.
    8. If the firmware file you have downloaded is on a zip format, double-click on the zip file and extract its contents to a single folder or to the Desktop.