Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-05-2009

How to run Tally on same machine with two different user login

Hello

I have windows xp home operating system on which tally is installed. One person is working on that machine.. now i want to take remote control of that machine and required to run tally on same pc with some different user

However i do not want to disturb that first persons work while i take control with different user..

Is it possible? because tally allows to multiple times on same pc.. i just wants to know how to make login with other user credential by taking control and run another instance of tally without disturbing first user work
Old 26-05-2009

Re: How to run Tally on same machine with two different user login

I think it should be possible .......First start the remote access with the same user login as the one already in use. Then logoff and switch user. Enter different user login. now start and run Tally and check whether everything is working fine....
Old 26-05-2009

Which Tally version you are using? Tally 7.2 version has the multiuser option integrated and as you said you are having two different machine then first of fall you need to properly configure the remote access on your different machine. Then change the permissions for the Tally folders to Everyone - Full Control, updated VGA drivers.
Old 26-05-2009

Windows XP does not allow more then one user to login to a same computer at a time. This capability is only limited to Server OS. But you can enable this service with a Terminal Server Patch. Download
Old 26-05-2009

I think you have to buy multiuser version of tally. I have work on Tally 7.2 gold-Multi user . So try for the multi-user version. Good luck
Old 28-05-2009

Hello I have tried the patch given but still wont work..

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,