Thread: How to fix error locating \3\lxcrtime.dll

How to fix error locating \3\lxcrtime.dll

I have Lenovo laptop with xp running on it. Recently I installed a network printer from my office to get some printouts. It was installed successfully without any error. After detaching I am getting a continuous error message error " locating \3\lxcrtime.dll ". Whenever my system boots ups the error is shown. I think when i connected the system to the network it got affected by other infected computer. The virus entered my laptop through the network. I want some more information on " locating \3\lxcrtime.dll " error. Is it a virus or just a some corrupt file of printer driver.

Re: How to fix error locating \3\lxcrtime.dll

According to me its a malware. When you had installed your printer the software of the thing is affecting your system. Also the error pop-ups every time when your start your system. I believe that you had a good antivirus with the latest definitions. Also download the Windows Malicious Removal. It is a powerful tool to remove the harmful file of malicious software's. It will remove all the harmful files.

It is not a major issue. It is small file created in the registry which auto runs at start up. The following details will help you :
    Location of error : C:\ windows\ system32\ spool\ drivers\ w32x86\ 3\ lxcrtime.dll
    Create by :Lexmark International Inc.
    To fix this error uninstall and reinstall your printer using the product CD. The error will resolve.

Normally it is a .dll file which is related with some application in your system. It is a file created by your printer software. Your printer must of Lexmark company. The default location of this file is C:\Windows\System32. It is located in the system folder as LXCRtime.dll. You can manually delete the file and the error will stop. Also you can delete it by editing the Registry file of windows. The path in registy is : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. You see the value and modify it. Basically it is not considered as virus. But it is a malicious file. After deleting run a full system scan.