Thread: No Internet

No Internet

Whenever I unplug my Ethernet wire from my router and into my computer, there are no internet. Just two days ago, it worked, but the one day ago, it didn't work. I tried it with my labtop and there are internet in my labtop. Does anyone know how to solve this problem and bring internet to my computer by plugging the Ethernet wire into the computer?

I use Verizon Westell Model 6100.

I don't have administrator access and my the administrator is gone for two days.

Re: No Internet

You must go through the instruction once again. Follow the instructions and try to browse internet again.

The page is empty. There are no instuctions, only things that say do you need more help?

Are you using a static IP or DHCP? An improperly configured static IP will produce these issues. If you could copy/paste an ipconfig/all result from both methods of connection, I may help you a little

I had this exact problem earlier. I unplugged the modem first and then turned off the computer, then plugged the cable to the modem to the pc's ethernet card. Then turned it on and since my ip was still using the router as the gateway I had to change that as well. Altough modem is not involved in your case, I think you must have got an idea what I wanna say. Few times that those seemingly useless troubleshooting steps worked. It makes sense in this scenario