Thread: HP psc 2210 all-in-one software scanning problem

HP psc 2210 all-in-one software scanning problem

I am using HP PhotoSmart Premier on my HP m7680n desktop.When I try to scan or get images from scanner, i get an error,"An Unexplained internal error has occured".This problem started after I installed the HP 2210 software.When I press the scan button the display says it is scanning to HP photo and imaging gallery, but nothing happens except the above mentioned error message soon as I press start. Every ting is fine except the scanning process. Please help

Re: HP psc 2210 all-in-one software scanning problem

What i can say you in this case is, if all features of the printer is working fine just except the scanning, than problem is with the software.I suggest you to uninstall the software then install it again. Best to install software with scanner unplugged, then connect scanner to USB when software tells you to do so. This is usually how it is done with USB connections. Or try to do Firmware update from HP support.

This cause may be due to Communication issues between the All-in-One and the USB controller or an incomplete software installation. Try to fix this problem with this steps:-

Go to control panel of the computer and Double-click System on the System.Now under Hardware Tab, click Device Manager and click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers .Click the USB Composite Device entry, and then click Remove .Disconnect the USB cable from the All-in-One, wait for few seconds, and then reconnect the cable.Now click Next on the new dialog box that appears and and go through all of the screens that display while the Wizard installs the USB composite device. Once completed click finish.

Thanks for the help friends. I also guess, it requires firmware update. Let me try all tis tricks and see. Hope this fix the problem.