Thread: Vista Wireless Network Loss

Vista Wireless Network Loss

I am running Windows Vista and a Wireless network for coming up to two years now.Today I put my computer on stand-by and left it for about one hour.

When I returned my Wireless Internet has gone and when I try to find it again I am simply prompted with 'This Computer does not have a wireless adaptor installed and configured.' unlike others I have restarted the computer and still nothing

Is there any known cause of this?

Re: Vista Wireless Network Loss

This may be the cause of Either the driver became corrupted or the hardware (the adapter) broke.Try this Go into Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expand Network tree and un-install all. Re-boot; Vista will re-install drivers. 1st - are there any red/yellow flags present - specifically look at Network. Click on View tab and enable hidden devices. And make sure the computer has a switch to turn the wireless adapter on and off, it's turned on. Go to the manufacturer's web site, download the wireless adapter driver and install it.

Try reinstalling the adapter. You need to change your wireless adapter's firmware. It is possible for a device to be broken. If it is a desktop PC you can replace the network card. For laptop you can buy either a wireless adapter on a PCMCIA card or on a USB stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maq.H View Post
    This may be the cause of Either the driver became corrupted or the hardware (the adapter) broke.Try this Go into Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expand Network tree and un-install all. Re-boot; Vista will re-install drivers. 1st - are there any red/yellow flags present - specifically look at Network. Click on View tab and enable hidden devices. And make sure the computer has a switch to turn the wireless adapter on and off, it's turned on. Go to the manufacturer's web site, download the wireless adapter driver and install it.

Hmmm I tried that and still nothing. Thanks anyway.