Thread: How set a VNC server in Windows Vista

How set a VNC server in Windows Vista

I am having 4 numbers of system running windows vista on it. One is server and others are user machine. I want to setup a small remote desktop connection in my office between the computer. I want to run a remote desktop connection by configuring vnc server. By setting the connection through vnc server it quiet easy to view the services running and run remote applications. Where can get the tool to download. And after downloading how to configure windows vista to setup a remote connection by vnc server.

Re: How set a VNC server in Windows Vista

Hi,
    VNC Central is a server application by the management of remote computers is quiet easy. Especially for a group of computers in a small office or library. It enables you to launch applications remotely. You can view the most of the issue by launching vnc viewer. The interface of the program is very simple. It shows the the list of connected computer in a tree view. For eg. if you want to launch a application remotely just right click on the local computer and select the application. It is very useful specially for teaching group or customer support. You can download vnc from the internet multiple websites alow a free version of vnc server.

I suggest you to use RealVNC Personal Edition or Enterprise Edition. Well you will not get a free copy of RealVNC.You will need to buy a licence copy of it. Even if you get the free copy it will not support vista. But don't worry there is one more alternative. It is called UltraVNC or Uvnc. It is almost similar to RealUNC. Both supports Virtual Virtual Network Computing remote desktop through network or internet. It is having more extra features and function as compare to a simple vnc server. For eg. Encryption plugin. It secure connection between client and server.
    UltraVNC Download

There multiple sever application are available like VNC. Some of them are RealVNC, UltraVNC and TightVNC. You can choose any of the alternative to setup a secure server conncection. I am using a simple VNC server so i am providing you instructions to configure a vnc server. I attaching the setup file in reply you can download the attachment and install it. After installing follow the below steps to configure it :
    1). Configuring VNC Server - Right click on the vnc server application and select option.
    In the window give the configuration settings like port numbers, http port, etc. Select OK and apply. All setting are added in the registry.
    2). Authentication - In the same option window now go to Authentication tab. Configure your authentication settings. You want you can give a password for the server.
    3) Input - Now in input tab Check all the boxes except the last one which is Disable local inputs.
    4). Sharing - In the sharing tab select the proper sharing settings. Eg. tick on Use client preferred sharing setting.
    5). Desktop - In desktop tab check the first three option and the first option Do Nothing in the second coloumn.
    6). Capture Method - In the above tab select Use VNC hooks..... > Poll console....
    7). Legacy - In this tab you can import the old vnc settings.