Thread: Can't connect mc70 activesync to network

Can't connect mc70 activesync to network

Whenever i try to connect mc70 activesync to a network, it doesn't get connected. It drops down whenever i try to connect mc70 activesync to a particular network. Can any body tell me that what can i do to have a stable network connection on my system? Does any body knows about it? By the way i have Symbol MC70 (MC7004) with WM 5.0 connecting to my PC through a ActiveSync (COM1). Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue.

Re: Can't connect mc70 activesync to network

In order to resolve your issue, try to connect your device, then open your network connections on your pc. Then try to find the network connection created, when you try to connected your device with the USB cable. You will see it listed under the "LAN or high speed Internet" heading. That would be called as "Local Area Connection x" (the x will be replaced by a number), and it will usually be in the last connection listed. Then try to right click on it, and then select properties. You should see in the Connect using area "Windows Mobile-based Device" In the box below this titled "This connection uses the following items", you will need to place a tick in all the boxes listed. This will re-bind the network protocols to your connection. Click OK to close the property window. Now from this point onwards, Activesync will be able to connect your device and you would get stable network connection on your system.

Note: the problem will sometimes re-occur if you connect another device, or hard-reset your current one. I have noticed that the issue most likely occurs if you are running VPN software other than than the windows VPN on your pc.

As far as i know about ActiveSync, it will only allow one device to get connected at once and it will not allow any more device to get connected. You can use WiFi option sometimes in order to connect TCPIP, etc. on your system. You can try to uninstall ActiveSync from you system by using Control Panel option.

I think your active sync on COM1 are using the same port on your system and therefore you are not able to get proper network connection on your system.