Thread: Wi-Fi is right for 15000 sq ft building?

Wi-Fi is right for 15000 sq ft building?

I am member in one of the society and we have covered a area of 15000 square fit and we want to installed WI-FI connection. I want to know what will be the procedure and further process for the most secure and fast connection.Also suggest me best configuration and systems like router or server also mention some tips for maintaining secure connection .And give me basic idea about advantages of WI-FI and why it is used now days is it better than broadband or not ?

Re: Wi-Fi is right for 15000 sq ft building?

I would like to tell you the basic procedure of installing WI-FI connection in large building. First you have to identify the network design for your building which called WLAN (wireless local area network) then choose the wireless router which capable of receiving range of your building area and install all networks and test connection of configured WLAN. Its definitely beneficial now days because it reduces the cable costs and cable network in large buildings and all the users in your building can used it flexibly without any wire.

You will definitely get benefits by using WI-FI because its far better than wired connection .For WI-FI you need ethernet cables , switches and hubs its expensive but its give better performance than wired and its also more reliable and secure network and gives the better speed than wired , you will also need some software packages, ICS , that are free or in nominal cost for better security and less cost wire less switches and hubs are used it didn’t contains any wire so it reduces the costs of wires .

As per my suggestion its no doubt that its performs better and its reliable . the main thing is in the WI-FI is reliability , now day hubs,switches and cables are more reliable because companies which are producing and improving Ethernet technology every day. cable or wired connection may occurs problem of network failure but when using WI-FI there is no issue of network failure ,broadband routers are commonly suffered from the network failure problem .Nowdays broadband routers are multifunctional .

As per performances wireless local area connection is have far better performance .Normal old ethernet connection gives only 10 Mbps bandwidth but now days we can get 100 Mbps of speed by new Ethernet technology . It can be makes problems by simultaneously used of the network . But we can used Ethernet switches rather than hubs for avoiding this problems. And the main part is security of the network then I will suggest you to use wired Ethernet switches and Ethernet hub.We can installed some software's in computer like Zone Alarm, is a firewall software products which gives alarm if any one comes in to the area illegally.

I will give you some basic tips for security and trouble shoot because it’s the major issue with WI-FI . If you cant get internet then temporary turn of your firewall then you can know that is there any problem with firewall configuration or not. There is an option of go back in WLAN settings so don’t worry about that .Take back off all key settings , MAC address , channel numbers , WEP passkey and network name so in case of system failure you can again create new connection with out any problem.You can check your wireless adapter by turn on one by one. And also keep contact with the network engineer for maintenance of the network.