Thread: Problem with ping and Remote Desktop

Problem with ping and Remote Desktop

I have a PC (A) regularly connected to the internet and in which I have enabled the option to connect it via Remote Desktop from another PC (B) located in a different location.

The problem is that if I make ping to the computer (A) from any other PC that gives me REQUEST TIME OUT:

But if I connect to B using Remote Desktop it works ... what is the problem?
    Thanks

Re: Problem with ping and Remote Desktop

If you make a ping request to gain packets and have been blocked at that time then remote firewall will not get any ping responses, but for that you need to be able to connect with VNC all the same. Further I will provide you the suggestion about switching off remote desktop above, you should check that your software firewall allows incoming connections on VNC. If your ISP has provided you with a fixed IP address, use this to edit the firewall rule on your daughter's PC and limit allowed incoming connections from your IP address only (for security purposes).

Have you checked the firewall settings? and then set Remote Desktop as an Exception, ICMP to "Allow Incoming echo request" and Services on the Advanced tab has "Remote Desktop" checked to allow use. This will help to ping and allowed to access using remote desktop.

I will suggest to try reducing the screen resolution within the RDC options. If this lets you in then close all the other application running on programs on host machine then disconnect,and reset again RDC screen options and reconnect.Will you try connecting to FQDN or it's IP address. Or else your computer might be too busy to accept new connections.

ThumbsUp Re: Problem with ping and Remote Desktop

yes dude your answer is excatly correct