Thread: Vista not cooperating with Multiple Gateways

Vista not cooperating with Multiple Gateways

I have small business set up with the 8 to 9 computers, these all were connected to each other via wired connection, whenever we try to set the gateways for these multiple PC it does not do that, and I am not able to set the firewall for my network,does anyone tell how do I do that but i need suggestion from the Windows Vista point of view because I am running Vista on my computer.

Re: Vista not cooperating with Multiple Gateways

You need to configured your routers concurrently to get the access to your multiple PC. Proper configuration of router will also improve the network customization to load balanced or even split up between the gateways -and it is not like that when you keep one of your PC on hibernation still one of them is always the active gateway. This mechanism called "black hole router detection" can cause failover between the two gateways when some of the conditions met , but this may have some different effects which may be difficult to troubleshoot or predict in a SOHO setting.

Re: Vista not cooperating with Multiple Gateways

I think you need to think over what you are deciding over the network setup this is because if you are thinking of connecting two or more PC's with one another, then you need to make use of router and switches. and apart from that this is not at all an issue of which which operating system you are working with, and for more clear view for your network setup you may also have the diagrammatic representation of your network setup.