Thread: Problem With kek.exe and Avast Antivirus

Problem With kek.exe and Avast Antivirus

hello to all,

I Have a free Family Version of Avast Antivirus, it Recently Detected a File, I Mean a Process also Which is Called as Kek.exe , in the Location "C:\Windows\System32\ kek.exe" , , Stating this is Some Kind of Malware , It ask me to put it in quarantine or not , so i Said Yes then it Does nothing , after restarting I Have the Same error Message Can you tell me What should I do, As unfortunately I do not know much about that , please Help

Re: Problem With kek.exe and Avast Antivirus

Hello , Kek.exe IS malware. It will start up in your registry -So you Should disable it, end the process using the Task Manager, and DELETE it. The filename KEK.EXE is considered unsafe. This threat is associated with the malware group win32.agent.aajt. Threat name win32.agent.aajt Filename [System32Root]\kek.exe Filesize Unknown Last seen 10.13.2008 Status Known to RemoveIT Pro as unsafe. This file can perform following behavior. - File is created as process on the disk. - This process can create, delete or modify files

Hello , this file is a Virus , You Should Use Combofix from bleeping computer site

c:\WINDOWS\system32\kek.exe
    • Description: Identified as a variant of the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.aajt malware.
    • File Location: %System%
    • Startup Type: This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.
    • HijackThis Category: O4 Entry
    • Note: %System% is a variable that refers to the Windows System folder. By default this is C:\Windows\System for Windows 95/98/ME, C:\Winnt\System32 for Windows NT/2000, or C:\Windows\System32 for Windows XP and Vista.

You would be needed to Log in as a Administrator ,to logged into a session with admin rights do this , When your Pc Start press f8 to boot to safe mode , in safe mode , the Admin account will be enable , just Log in to that account and cleaned the Virus ,