Thread: What is HpqKbFiltr.sys error.

What is HpqKbFiltr.sys error.

I recently installed Kaspersky Anitvirus in my Hp Laptop. Before i was using AVG. After installing when i restarted the Laptop, the antivirus is notifying for a threat. It is HpqKbFiltr.sys file. I had just installed a new antivirus and updated it. Before that there was no virus. After installing kapersky i getting this message continuously. What is HpqKbFiltr.sys file.

Re: What is HpqKbFiltr.sys error.

Don't worry the file HpqKbFiltr.sys is not a threat. Nor it termed with a malicious software. It is driver file created by the HP company. As you are using a Hp notebook and this file is available in it by default. Basically it is driver file for key board. Download the tool Prevx Scanner to fix this error message. It is freely available and it will scan and remove threats like malicious softwares, spyware, etc.
    Download Prevx.

HpqKbFiltr.sys is not a virus it a simple driver file for Hp keyboards and quick launch button. By adding the HpqKbFiltr.sys to trusted zone in Kaspersky Antivirus will stop the message. Follow the steps to add this file in the truster zone to remove pop-up warning.
    • Choose Settings by right clicking on the Kaspersky icon in the system tray.
    • Select the option of Threats and exclusions.
    • Now select Trusted Zone.
    • Go to Rules tab > Select Add.
    • In the Exclusion Rule windows check the box of Object and click on Select Object.
    • Navigate to the file C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HpqKbFiltr.sys. Select the file and click OK
    • Select Any option next to Protection Components and choose Selected Components
    • Tick on all the selected component window.
    • Click OK till the time the Kaspersky don't close.

After these you will no more receive the warinings.

It is actually a keyboard filter driver for HP quick launch button developed by the HP co. It is a file that controls a particular hardware of your computer. You are getting the error message because may be your file is corrupted or missing. Just update your windows to the current date and restart your computer. It will automatically update the corrupt HpqKbFiltr.sys file. Window updated will detect the issue regarding this file and notify you for the proper solution.