Thread: How to load default settings in Pronet router

How to load default settings in Pronet router

I have a pronet router which i use as a wireless access point for laptop and as a switch for two wired computers. I was experimenting with the router settings and i did something which i don't remember and i saved the new settings. Now my network has crashed. I cannot connect to any computer and cannot connect to the internet. I have the settings for the internet so i wan't to restore default factory settings to the router. Can anyone help me!?

Re: How to load default settings in Pronet router

Can you access the router? If you can access the router from any one computer you can restore default settings by just software mode. Log into your pronet router go to system tools extreme left-bottom. There, the third option would be Factory Defaults. Once you click on it, a button will appear there saying "Restore" Click it and your router will have factory default settings. all the custom settings will be gone and you must configure every settings on th router like the router is brand new.

I cannot access the router's main page from any computer, not even from the laptop using wifi. So i guess i cannot use this method of restoring default settings to my pronet router. Is there an other way to do this? Some way without using the computer? That would help in my case. I cannot use the router with these settings and it has become totally useless...

In that case you need to hard reset the router to default settings. Disconnect the router from the power supply. Remove all connections and at the back of the router you would see a pin hole. There would be a label 'Reset' use a pin or a pen to press the button inside. While pressing this button you will need to connect the router to power supply. Then wait for about 15 minutes and disconnect the router from power source again. Now connect the router and enjoy it like a brand new router.