Thread: How do i uninstall CA Parental control

How do i uninstall CA Parental control

Hey Guys,

I had installed CA parental control on my system along with the password option on it. It seems to be working fine, but certainly it's showing em an error messag that CA Parental control is not installed on your system. I don't know but i recently got such error on my system. Has any body uninstalled CA Parental control from my system? Can any body tell me twhy i'm having such issue on my pc? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above problem.

Thanks.

Re: How do i uninstall CA Parental control

The best way to get rid of the above issue is to contact directly CA and asked them to uninstall it completely from your system.

If you are using Windows Vista on your system, then go to the Control Panel --> in that User Account Control--> then uncheck the box near On or Off an dthe reboot yoru system. That's it and your job is done.

If you are using any profiles on your system, then follow the below steps mention.

1. Open the CA Parental Controls menu by right clicking on the CA Parental Controls icon from the tray (located on the lower right corner of your screen) and select the Log In option.
    2. Then, Select the Administrator.
    3. Then, Enter the Administrator password.
    4. Now CA Parental Controls will work under Free Access with no filtering at all.

You need to follow the below steps mention, in order to uninstall CA Parental control from your system.

1) Click on the Start button and then click on Control Panel.
    2) Then double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
    3) Locate CA Internet Security Suite on the list of installed programs and left click on it.
    4) Then click on the button Remove.
    5) Check the box to the left of CA Parental Controls and click on Uninstall.
    6) Then the Uninstall process would now prompt for the CA Parental Controls Administrator password. Click here if you have forgotten the Administrator Password.
    7) Type the CA Parental Controls Administrator password (This is the password you first gave when installing CA Parental Controls (or) if you had modified the password after installing, the this is the latest modified password)
    8) Then, Click OK on the Password box. This would take the un-installation further.
    9) Once the CA Parental Controls is uninstalled you would be prompted to restart the computer. Click on the button Complete

Now, once the computer get restarts and is back on your desktop, your CA Parental Controls is been un-installated completely from your system.