Thread: How to fix gateway timeout error

How to fix gateway timeout error

Yesterday, when I started internet and requested a webpage of a particular website using my Opera browser, I received the error message similar to something like - "HTTP Error 504 - Gateway Timeout"

what is the meaning of this error ? and how can I fix the same ? .....

kindly give some ideas and solution regarding same .....

Re: How to fix gateway timeout error

A 504 Gateway Timeout error is usually a network error between servers on the Internet or an issue with an actual server. The problem is not with your PC or Internet connection.

It's an HTTP status code that means that one server did not receive a timely response from another server that it was accessing while attempting to load the web page or fill another request by the browser.

This usually means that the other server is down or not working properly.

If you are getting the gateway default error while accessing Yahoo mail or even Yahoo chat, it's quite possible because there are major related problems in the Yahoo world.
    However, these are some alternate paths for accessing YahooMail -
    http://us.m.yahoo.com/p/mail
    http://de.m.yahoo.com/p/mail
    http://uk.m.yahoo.com/p/mail

Try reloading the web page by clicking the refresh/reload button or by typing the URL from the address bar again. Even though the 504 Gateway Timeout error is reporting an error outside of your control, the error may only be temporary.

A server (not necessarily a Web server) is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) to access the requested URL. This server did not receive a timely response from an upstream server it accessed to deal with your HTTP request.

This usually means that the upstream server is down (no response to the gateway/proxy), rather than that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data.

This problem is entirely due to slow IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including your Web server. Only the people who set up the network at the site which hosts the Web server can fix this problem.

i am using games from facebook account...but it always said there gateway timeout...how can i fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by jhuday sanchez View Post
    i am using games from facebook account...but it always said there gateway timeout...how can i fix it?
    Which browser are you using to play facebook games? Actually The most common cause for this issue is a missing or outdated add-on that is needed to play the game. Most online games are based on Silverlight, Flash or Java and do require Internet Explorer add-ons to function. In most cases, ensuring that you have the latest updates for Windows, Internet Explorer and any Internet Explorer add-ons can help resolve most issues. For more information visit this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528246