Thread: 2 Pc Network Using a Hub

2 Pc Network Using a Hub

Hi,

I have a Windows Xp and Desktop and Another Laptop which had Windows Xp as Well As Windows Vista in Dual Boot , i Want To Connect my Computer in a network. I have a livebox that feeds through my ethernet hub and then from two ethernet cable one that goes to 1 pc and the other to the 2nd pc. Internet runs on PC 2 mean by Desktop pc . Now When I try to create a network to By having same workgroup "MSHOME", i cannot Get the pc to detect it Other ,I Am Not Able to View then in my network Connection Can you please tell me how tell me how Can solve these problem Thank in Advance For Your Suggestion

Re: 2 Pc Network Using a Hub

Hello , the First i Would Recommend is that You Should First Connect then Directly rather than connecting Them in Network So For this You Should get one Cross cable and remove the router or interconnecting device like livebox , Hub from your network connect

For more information Check this thread How to connect two computers with crossover cable?

After doing This You Should configured network With proper setting and Like Give Both the Computer Same Gateways and . Subnet mask Address and their Set ip consecutively then You might Have any problem in connecting if this Connection is Successful then Definitely something might be Wrong With the other Interconnecting Device

Good Luck

Hello , sometimes There are Problem With The Onboard Ethernet Controller as Some onboard ethernet are really Weird and it is Difficult to get them working. the only options left Here is to Try a Pci slot Lan card or try reinstalling the latest drivers for your Lan card

Hello , If on your network You are set to Private, then You should the network discovery to ON, file & printer sharing option to also ON, thein it might be able to recognize the other computer . i Think After Doing this You Should be able to Access the other pc and shared the File easily and also check that if you have firewall thn File sharing and printer sharing is allowed in these firewalls , change working group in workgroup mshome then enable the sharing of files and folders