Thread: Share three printers from same computer

Share three printers from same computer

Hey Guys!
    I have a small office with 20 computers. I have 3 printers and would like to share all the printers to the computers on my network. Is it possible to share all the three printers on the same network from the same computer? I know any number of printers can be shared in a network but i'm unsure about "from the same computer" stuff...! Can any one help me.!?

Re: Share three printers from same computer

Hey!
    Yeah its possible to share any number of printers from the same computer on a single network. Its done the same way you do for a single printer. Go to control panel>printer and fax>right-click on your printer1 share. Repeat this procedure for printer2 and printer3 and you're all set. All the best!

Hey!
    Thanks a tonn, you made my worries vanish! One more question, how will the user on the other computer print from the printers? Well i have shared on printer and everyone prints from it by directly giving print command. But how will the user change the printer if they don't want the default printer to print from and want to use some other printer? Is this Possible? Please help! Thanks in advance...

Hey!
    Yeah! When a user gives a print command, there in it shows a dialog boc which has different printing option. Here the user can use any other printer from the list. The user must first connect to all the network printer in order to show all printers in the list. Users must first navigate to your computer from network there and will find available shared printers. Three printers in your case. They must right-click on each printer and select 'connect' options. This will load drivers of each printer in the user's computer and all the printers will now appear in the list when a print command is given. There user can select a desired printer to print from... Easy huh!? all the best!