Thread: Adobe Reader 9, Comodo Security Problem

Adobe Reader 9, Comodo Security Problem

Hello ,
    I wanted to download Latest Adobe Reader 9.1 Which is shown to solve the last security hole recently announced , so I started via the Control Panel to Uninstall the previous version (8.3 if I recall it correctly), then after uninstalling it I went through the link (get.adobe.com / en / reader /). But As a result, I received an alert from Comodo, advising me to leave operation ( "risk of buffer overflow) or to ignore the warning (skip option). Having virtually Null experience of Adobe, or Comodo, or such situation, I wonder if this warning is the normal circumstance, if I can ignore and continue the process without any installation of Adobe Reader 9.
    Thank you in advance for any response.

Re: Adobe Reader 9, Comodo Security Problem

Hello , A buffer overflow attack is a very effective and quite complicated to achieve. It aims to exploit a flaw, a weakness in an application (such browser software, mail, etc ...) to execute arbitrary code that will compromise the target (vesting administrator) it's probably a warning message or warning depending on the source download or update you put adobe .... the ideal is to download the update from Adobe and in this connection is not necessary to uninstall the old version because the new crush by moving to the place ... I think you can continue your installation worry

Guess comodo has done a lot of internal testing against all sorts of BO attacks to pinpoint flaws and holes prior to releasing this thing. You can also try foxit reader. A much better aplication that takes less ram, doesn't boot with the system, takes less space and is faster than adobe.

Hello , If you use Defense + HIPS mini-integrated, and that bothers you can disable it. Once installed, do right click on the icon near the clock, and the "Defense +", set to "Disabled" if the later HIPS disturbs you, it is not necessary to activate it or there maybe Safesurf is flagging your updater as a possible buffer overflow attack. If you feel it is safe, which it most likely is, put the Adobe Download Manager executable in the Safesurf ignore list.