Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 disconnects network during screensaver

Networking & Security

Old 08-05-2009

Windows 7 disconnects network during screensaver

My cousin recently installed windows 7. She recently realized that she has while the computer is idle & goes to screen saver it disconnects the network of the computer.

Old 08-05-2009

Re: Windows 7 disconnects network during screensaver

follow the following steps to solve the problem..

Open Network Connections in network sharing center, go to proerties of the connection, select option tab & set the idle time as you wish.

It might have help you a lot...!
Old 08-05-2009

If you are using a screen saver then right click on the Desktop and select Properties, Screen saver tab and remove the check next to "On resume, display Welcome screen".
Click Apply and OK.
Old 08-05-2009

I am even win7 operation and tested the configuration by using balanced power scheme. If my screen light, I do not have access to the network of nothing. However, if anything the cause; to go to sleep, the network falls. Also another problem, but if you have your system to return starting from screen saver with ctrl + alt + del to try to turn and to see whether it still occurs.
Old 14-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abejar View Post
My cousin recently installed windows 7. She recently realized that she has while the computer is idle & goes to screen saver it disconnects the network of the computer.
If still having problems, go to the properties of the network adapter. Under Power Management, you should be able to disable it from turning of the device to save power. Had this same issue myself.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,