Thread: How to stop Server management from starting

How to stop Server management from starting

Everytime I login to the server, the server managemant always starts itself. I also tried to remove .lnk from the start menu but no use(it reappears)....So, I've setup a check during login/logoff to delete .lnk in case it is present but it still reappears. What should I do to stop the server management from starting when I login to the server ?

Re: How to stop Server management from starting

Stopping Administration Server

You can stop an instance of Administration Server from within Server Console or from the command line.

To Stop the Server From Server Console
    • From the Server Console navigation tree, select the instance of Administration Server that you want to stop.
    • Click Open to open the management window for the instance of Administration Server.
    • Click the Tasks tab, and then choose Stop Server.

To Stop the Server From the Command Line

Enter /usr/sbin/mpsadmserver stop.

Re: How to stop Server management from starting

Follow the instructions -

1. Open the Server Management Console, click Users.
    2. In the right pane, right-click the appropriate user and select Properties.
    3. In the dialog box, click Profile tab, delete the 'SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bat' in the Logon script box.
    4. Click OK to exit.

Note: We don't recommend you disable the logon script, since this operation will affect the application deployment for this user.

In the SBS environment, when a user logs onto a client, AppLauncher is invoked by a logon script. AppLauncher compares the Apps.dat and the client's registry settings to determine whether to install any SBS applications. Before the installation of client applications occurs, there are some checks that are necessary to insure that AppLauncher enters a safe system environment:

1. If the client is the SBS server, and the logged on user belongs to the Domain Admins group, AppLauncher will check the existence of the registry key (REG_DWORD):

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Administration\AdminConsoleShortcut

• If key is present or set to 1, AppLauncher will exit quietly.
      • If key is not present or set to 0, AppLauncher will create a Server Management shortcut (%allusersprofile%\ApplicationData\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Administration\ ITProSBSConsole.msc) in the %userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup directory.
        AppLauncher will also create the AdminConsoleShorcut key and set it to 1 so that it will not create the shortcut next time.

2. If the client is the SBS server, and the logged on user belongs to the Domain Power Users group, AppLauncher will check the existence of the registry key (REG_DWORD):

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Administration\PowerUserConsoleShortcut

If key is present or set to 1, AppLauncher will exit quietly.
      If key is not present or set to 0, AppLauncher will create a Server
      Management for Power Users shortcut (%allusersprofile%\Application
      Data\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\ Administration\MySBSConsole.msc) in the %userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup directory.
      AppLauncher will also create the PowerUserConsoleShortcut key and set it to 1 so that it will not create the shortcut next time.