Thread: Share two internet connection to two networks using four LAN card from one computer

Share two internet connection to two networks using four LAN card from one computer

Hey Guys!
    My idea may seem to be a fantasy, but this is what i want to do. I have Two different networks which i connect from my computer using two different LAN cards and different IP range. Is is possible to share two broadband connection one for each network? Help guys, if that is possible i woul get two lan cards for internet connection. Well i already have two internet connections on two computers. I'm planning to upgrade my one computer and selling off the second one... Any opinion that would help?? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Share two internet connection to two networks using four LAN card from one computer

Hey!
    Well your idea seems to be great, but can i know why you want to share two different internet connections on the different networks? Why do you have different networks? Why don't you share one internet with a single network and merge the two networks as one? Well just an opinion to ease up your work... Well the point of sharing two internet connections with two networks one internet connection for each network seems to be impossible... Even if you try it out, you won't be able to connect to the internet on your machine itself... How will the computer know which internet to use? According to me its impossible...

Re: Share two internet connection to two networks using four LAN card from one computer

Hey!
    Thanks for giving a thought to the idea. Well i have two computers connected to two different networks. Well those are game networks. On one computer/network we play FPS games only and on the other network we play simlation games. We sometimes share files and data. There are around 60 users on each network. I'm the only one connecting to both the networks So i can't merge this network as i don't own them. Well i just want to share internet connection to some friends on the network for just updting the game if one is available. So i can't merge the networks as the traffic will increase and i don't wan't anyone crashing other's computer... Can anyone think this is possible? If yes, then please help me...!

Hey!
    Your idea is simply great, and you know what!!?? It is 100% possible. But doing this has too much risk for your computer. If you provide an internet connection to two networks, your computer needs to have a lot of power or your system will crash. As you said 60 users per network, a lot of power is required. Here is how to do it :

Assume you have only two LAN card one you use for internet and other for internal network. Name the LAN connections accordingly. Internet1 and LAN1 respectively. Now you have one broadband dial-up connection. Name it B1. Right-Click on B1 and click on properties. Click on advance. Check the box which says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection". Now there is a list box say "Home networking connection" In the list select LAN1 and click OK. Let it finish saving the configuration. Now you have shared the internet connection which you dial using B1 and uses Internet1 as a medium to ISP to LAN1 network.

Similarly do this :

Assume you have only two LAN card one you use for internet and other for internal network. Name the LAN connections accordingly. Internet2 and LAN2 respectively. Now you have one broadband dial-up connection. Name it B2. Right-Click on B2 and click on properties. Click on advance. Check the box which says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection". Now there is a list box say "Home networking connection" In the list select LAN2 and click OK. Let it finish saving the configuration. Now you have shared the internet connection which you dial using B2 and uses Internet2 as a medium to ISP to LAN2 network.

Dial the two connections and tell the network users to check it... Well the only issue you will have is with your IP. change your IP whichever you feels will be appropriate. All the best!