Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Right click menu shows Chinese scripts

Networking & Security

Old 08-05-2009

Right click menu shows Chinese scripts

I am facing a very strange issue here. All of a sudden this started, when I right-click the mouse, the right-click menu displays some Chinese scripts. from where did these Chinese scripts came from. What's the reason ? Is there any virus or something ?
how can I resolve this....plz help

Old 08-05-2009

Re: Right click menu shows Chinese scripts

Yes, I think it's a virus issue.... There's a virus called Ravmon that might have entered into your PC. This virus not that dangerous but is very troublesome... Apart from showing Chinese scripts in your right-click menu, this virus can also cause automatic shutdown of your PC as well as block you from showing the files you have kept hidden. Also, disables Task Manager , Registry Editor and Command prompt .
Old 08-05-2009

I agree with Spyrus.....it's surely RAVMON Virus that may be propogating into your system.
To avoid any further problems, I would simply suggest you to Download the RAVMON virus removal Tool

After downloading the tool , install it.
Click on the three of them and press OK.

Note - If you are not infected with RAVMON virus then the tool automatically shows the error message.
Old 08-05-2009

I had also faced the problem with RavMon virus where my show hidden files wwas not working properly.....In case you face such a problem further, here’s a fix that worked for me after I got the RavMon virus:
  • click Start > select Run >> type regedit >> click OK.
  • Find the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
  • Take a look at CheckedValue key - This should be a DWORD key. If it isn’t, delete the key.
  • Create a new key called CheckedValue as a DWORD (hexadecimal) with a value of 1.
  • The Show hidden files & folders check box should now work normally.
Old 13-03-2011

smile Re: Right click menu shows Chinese scripts

The 3 lines of chinese was removed when I removed/uninstalled Flashget.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,