Thread: How to change Network Settings with click of mouse

How to change Network Settings with click of mouse

I am having a laptop which is normally used at my Home and office too so whenever i am at either of the of the place i need to make the changes manually which is very difficult for me to change the setting each and everyday is there any method or a trick where i can store both the setting and if i am at office i just need to click over it and the setting should get changed.

I know that it can happen but don't have any idea how to do it. Can anyone provide me a solution for this.

Re: How to change Network Settings with click of mouse

You can change network setting by using netsh command for that you need to follow the below steps:-

1. Open Command prompt and save the current network setting to a text file with a name as demo.txt and save it to D drive for that you need to use the following command netsh -c interface dump > d:\demo.txt
    2. Now you need to Open the Network Connection and make the change the network setting as per your Office setting and after that click on OK.
    3. Now again open Command Prompt and save the setting in a text file with name as office.txt and save it to D: Drive for that you need to use the following command netsh -c interface dump > d:\office.txt
    4. Now we will create two batch files one would be for your Home Network Setting and another would be of your Office setting.

5. Open Notepad and type the following text

• netsh -f d:\demo.txt

This is the command for applying the home network settings.Save the file with an extension of .bat not as txt.If you do so the file won't be created as a batch file and you won't be able to get the setting get effected.
    6. You need to follow the same procedure for creating a batch file for office.txt file.

If you don't want to create batch files for your network then you can directly use NetSetMan Utility software which can store multiple network settings at the same time.

For downloading NetsetMan click here.

If you need you can also download netChanger which is best friend who can help you to change your ip address and othe network settings with only one click! With your best friend, you can easily switch network settings in seconds form the configurations you have saved. In addition to change the TCP/IP settings, disabling/enabling network connection, changing the MAC Address ( NO need to reboot ), changing the IE proxy settings are also supported by NetChanger and more functions will be added in next version!For downloading click on Download.

Downlaod