Thread: System32:vcrt80.exe problem Trojan?

System32:vcrt80.exe problem Trojan?

hi
    recently i had virus infection but my antivirus clears it but after then on every restart i see a window with some error regarding System32:vcrt80.exe i just click ok on that window further as i look in side the c drive i found unknown appliation of around 700kb that having image of webcam i delete it but on every restart it come back . can any one tell me what is wrong ? and to solve this ? thank you

Re: System32:vcrt80.exe problem

this is malware from the groups Cloaked Malware and Rootkit . it create some process process on disk and registry. also try to process online for some web site. try this Prevention against spyware and viruses

System32:vcrt80.exe is a dangerous malware use updated spybot to scan pc and remove it.iruses can perform many harmful activities, such as stealing personal information (bank accounts and credit card numbers), using the computer to distribute spam and computer worms, using computer resources, and more.

try Spyware Doctor its is much better tool for this kind of maleware attack

Re: System32:vcrt80.exe problem Trojan?

This virus has bugged me for so long . It kept being activated on start up while my personal settings were being activated. A search on google showed that you could locate it in the registry by opening regedit and searching for stubpath. I got an entry that had a path to the virus executable. So i replaced that path with the path to hijack this and restarted the computer. This way, hijack this was able to start before the virus allowing me to do a system scan and delete it from the scan results as well as from the backup in the config... section. I then deleted the path to HijackThis from the stubpath entry that i had edited and restarted. No more virus... so far...