Thread: Unable to Install BitDefenderTS 2009 on Windows 7

Unable to Install BitDefenderTS 2009 on Windows 7

Hello,

I am running window 7 I have installed AVG anti-virus on my computer as my security system but i observed that it doesn't perform atleast as it should be and therefor i switch over to BitDefender Total Security 2009 , before starting up for installation i have gone through all the features of BitDefender and hence i wanted to have on my computer.

But the problem occur during the installation I got an scramble during installation, and in the middle of installation it gives me an following error message, which i don't understand at all.
    installation of assembly component {9BAE13A2-E7AF-D6C3-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x8007054F. What is it ? and how do i get rid of this.

Please help

Re: Unable to Install BitDefenderTS 2009 on Windows 7

on a normal computer,bitdefender TS2009 is heavy.indeed it is ranked#1 ,but if your computer has got higher configuration and if you use internet extensively, i would suggest you to go for bitdefenderTS2009 since its the powerful anti virus which does not even allow a virus to enter and kills it even if it has got that thought 2 enter into your system ..believe me..!

on the other hand i would suggest u2 go for Norton internet security2009 rather than 2 go for norton360...its improved a lot

but ..norton detection is not that great

use kasperskyInternetSecurity2009 instead of norton

if u want to keep your system light,den go for reset nod32 smartsecurity

Re: Unable to Install BitDefenderTS 2009 on Windows 7

Follow these steps to install BitDefender 2009:

1. Click Next to continue or click Cancel if you want to quit installation.
    2. BitDefender 2009 alerts you if you have other antivirus products installed on your computer. Click Remove to uninstall the corresponding product. If you want to continue without removing the detected products, click Next.

NOTE: It is highly recommended that you uninstall any other antivirus products detected before installing BitDefender. Running two or more antivirus products at the same time on a computer usually renders the system unusable.
    3. Please read the License Agreement and click I agree.

NOTE: If you do not agree to these terms click Cancel. The installation process will be abandoned and you will exit setup.
    4. By default, BitDefender 2009 will be installed in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009. If you want to change the installation path, click Browse and select the folder in which you would like BitDefender to be installed. Click Next when you are ready to continue.
    5. Select options regarding the installation process. Some of them will be selected by default:

- Open readme file: to open the readme file at the end of the installation.
      - Place a shortcut on the desktop: to place a shortcut to BitDefender 2009 on your desktop at the end of the installation.
      - Eject CD when installation is complete: to have the CD ejected at the end of the installation; this option appears when you install the product from the CD.
      - Turn off Windows Firewall: to turn off Windows Firewall.
      - Turn off Windows Defender: to turn off Windows Defender; this option appears only on Windows Vista.

Click Install in order to begin the installation of the product.

NOTE: If not already installed, BitDefender will first install .NET Framework 1.1.

Wait until the installation is completed.
    6. Click Finish. You will be asked to restart your system so that the setup wizard can complete the installation process. We recommend doing so as soon as possible.

If you have accepted the default settings for the installation path, you can see in Program Files a new folder, named BitDefender, which contains the subfolder BitDefender 2009.