Thread: How to disable NAT

How to disable NAT

I have a network config a bit shaky.

Here:

net - 82.226.xx ipcop 192,168,254,254 - 192.168.254.1 router/firewall/switch/wifi 3com 192.168.10.254 - customers 192.168.10.0/24

In other words, I have NAT 2, I would not have one ...

I disable NAT on the 3com router and I have no connection, no ping, nothing ...
    I tested several config .. in vain

The question I ask now is what I should use ip routable (ie public) in my LAN to disable the NAT on the 3com? or simply: is it possible?

Re: How to disable NAT

I disable NAT on the 3com router and I have no connection, no ping, nothing ...
    I tested several config .. in vain
    So the 3com behaves as a bridge or router. The first problem is to know. To tell you the depths of my mind I just doubt that it is really possible on this type of product to disable nat. If you have the exact reference that might help, like if you say what it does. I admit that the presence of ipcop I do not see its usefulness. Simply.

The question I ask now is what I should use ip routable (ie public) in my LAN to disable the NAT on the 3com? or simply: is it possible?
    The question is not here. All IPs are routable. Without any problems on route, in a LAN or WAN the private ips. It even happens that the road where they should not.

If I understand you want to use the 3com only in switch/access point. This should be achievable by the following:

- Do not use the WAN port, connect the green tab of IPCop to a port of switch
    - Define the 192.168.254.0/24 network to the LAN of 3Com
    - Connecting to other stations in the network switch 192.168.254.0/24

Normally it should behave like a switch.

So the 3com behaves as a bridge or router.
    I think it acts as a router. There are routing tables available in the admin interface and is presented as a wifi router adsl cable. But I can not be sure because information about the manual are limited on this topic: Only disable NAT if your ISP assigns you multiple IP addresses, or you need to disable NATt for advanced system configuration

What I do think it acts as a router is also doing it (the 3com) has 2 locations, WAN and LAN in the "NAT disabled"

I mainly used wifi access point and switch. I also carry the DMZ virtual redirected all traffic (filtered by upstream ipcop in more detail, eg by ip, or VPN) to my EMS, and some ports, vnc, p2p, rtsp ... to workstations. The ipcop is only for the hyper selective filtering that does not allow 3 com.

The question is not here. All IPs are routable. Without any problems on route, in a LAN or WAN the private ips. It even happens that the road where they should not.
    Time for me, this reflection came when I saw that was not working as easily as simply tick the box "disable nat", hence I have not turned my keyboard 7 times in my office ...

@ unlimitedtech
    I thought about this solution does not use the WAN port 3com ... but I wanted to "do a little networking" because I do not know what principle of bridge/router. I read a lot of doc and it seemed easier. Especially since, by reading the manual, "Only disable NAT if your ISP assigns you multiple IP address" I immediately order with ipcop as an ISP can allocate ip.

I do not find much info on 3com with "nat disabled" within a LAN.

I do not understand what kind of address is supposed to get the 3com on its WAN interface in the case of "disable nat" or who must give the ip of the LAN.

If the NAT function is disabled on your router, and that acts as such, IPCop should receive requests from a network 192.168.10.0/24 instead of 192.168.254.0/mask? expected. What is the mask used in the IPCop?