Thread: No response ICMP Ping Flooding

No response ICMP Ping Flooding

No response ICMP Ping Flooding on Netgear CVG834G

Hello all,

Here is my problem:

Before posting here I made many tests to isolate my problem = it comes from my modem Netegear CVG834G.

I'm on Mac and there is opportunity to play on GameRanger. Server to open the game rooms and host for several players.

I had no problem with my old modem and router still in Numerical.

In fact, after 20 minutes of connection ( hosts), I have a cut GameRanger because at that moment it sends a Ping Flooding which my router does not seem to respond, so, I'm disconnected .

Attention, I do not work in wifi!

All ports are opened correctly (as they were before), I tested with 3 different computers at home = same result.
    I tested myself on plugging the ethernet cable from my box and now everything works well (except that go through it does not suit me). The problem is therefore linked to Modem Router.

I made all possible tests, factory reset, open UPnP, DMZ Host, opening large port ranges, in short everything he can do to not put any barrier = same punishment to send,I cut request.

There is still something with DHCP and I have not tested without ...
    The problem could come from there?

Event Log: Warning (5) - DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response

Time Not Established - Critical (3) - DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.

Time Not Established - Critical (3) - DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received

Time Not Established - Critical (3) - No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Time Not Established - Critical (3) - DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response

Time Not Established - Critical (3) - No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

So you have an idea?

Thank you very much.

Re: No response ICMP Ping Flooding

The Ping Flooding is not normal in my opinion.

Send Ping Flooding is sending a lot of ping to a server. Any modem router is supposed to protect this kind of attack, and fortunately, it saturates the modem otherwise.

At the time (that is still valid today), on IRC, Ping Flooding attack would crash the IRC software used by a person (he sent ping not stop until that it is done turn the IRC server). Since these programs are also protected (and servers too).

In my opinion, when you host the game seems to run PING to all other players to know the status of the connection and the modem goes into safety before the flood of responses. The modem CableBox to be less secure from what we tell you.

Well, after I could be wrong on every count, but in my opinion, is the modem router which is safe and that is good.

Now I do not know the manip 'to override this security, the experts might help.

You can try as the router's DHCP is for the internal network, if the problem stops you, can infer that one of your machines that delusion, what is surprising about the flooding, unless on the rebound on one of your machines.

You can also try to bring the machine with which you want to play in the DMZ, by activating and controlling the firewall machine, and you uncheck the "Respond to Ping on the WAN port"

As for the off UPNP is a confusing source.

The best would be to install Wireshark, and analyze traffic.

Here is the solution I have found for this problem

I exchanged with my my cable modem / router to a modem Thomson THG520

I do not have wifi but I can play on gameranger