Thread: Reset Actiontec Router password

Reset Actiontec Router password

Hello , I Have Purchased an Actiontec Router From a Freinds Who was not Using it for a Long time ,Can anyone Tell me how to Change or reset the password of this Actiontec Router ? Actually my Freinds Forgoted the Password Now I Think i have to recover it , So please Help me solve this problem Thanks in Advance For Your Suggestion

Re: Reset Actiontec Router password

The default username for the Verizon FiOS ActionTec MI424WR broadband router is "admin" and the default password is "password". In many cases this might not work for you as the the technicians that install them often change them from the defaults. You may also want to chech and see if the default password of "password1" works for your installation as it is a common setting.

So, what do you do now if the defaults do not work for you? The easiest method to figure out the password would be to reset the ActionTec MI424WR to the default settings in order to restore the default username of "admin" and the default password of "password". In order to do this, locate the reset button on the back of your router

From there, find an object similar to a paper clip and depress the button for at least 10 seconds. I recommend 30 seconds to be safe. From there, wait approximately 30 seconds for the router to reboot and then you will be able to access the router via you internet browser at http://192.168.1.1 with the default username of "admin" and the default password of "password". Warning, of course any of your custom setting will be lost by performing this action!

To reset your Actiontec router:
    1. With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. Release the Reset button. The Actiontec router will automatically reboot itself.
    3. Wait 15 seconds before resuming setup.

Hello , The default is admin/password...the first thing the router prompts the user for is a new password and the VZ techs always use password1. If you ever have to reset the router to factory defaults, use the admin/pasword combo to get in.