Thread: How To Remove AdRevolver

How To Remove AdRevolver

Hello , I Have Windows Vista System With 1 Gb Ram and in Dual boot in Windows xp , Recently my XP system Was Performing slowly and When i When to VIsta and Performed a Scan I found SPyware or Virus called as Adrevolver, although windows Vista Cleaned Some files on the Drive , But Still my Xp system is really slow , Again When I did a Scan in Windows Vista , it Found the same Files , So Ultimately it is coming Back in My System Can You tell me How Can i Remove to Adrevolver please help me solve this problem Thanks in Advance for Your Suggestion

Re: How To Remove AdRevolver

Step 1 : Search and Remove Adrevolver Cookie

1. To remove Adrevolver cookie with Internet Explorer 6, 5, 5.01, and 5.5 for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000, follow the manual removal steps below:
    2. Start Internet Explorer.
    3. Go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab.
    4. In the Temporary Internet Files, select Settings > View Files.
    5. On the View, select Details.
    6. Click the Internet Address column header, and search for the Internet addresses of the cookie file(s) below:

• Adrevolver.txt
        Adrevolver.c*m
        Adrevolver
    7. Right-click on the Adrevolver cookie file, and then press Delete. If you are prompted to confirm that you wish to delete the Adrevolver cookie file, click Yes. You can repeat this step for each cookie file you want to remove.

Step 2 : Detect and Remove Other Cookies
    1. You might want to keep some cookies on your computer. Registration cookies, for example, are useful to keep on your computer because you'll need them for websites you visit frequently. NKeep in mind that some cookies you may want to keep to log on into certain services so you might not want to delete all the cookies.
    2. To delete all cookies in Internet Explorer 6, 5, 5.01, and 5.5 for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000, follow the manual removal steps below:
    3. Open Internet Explorer.
    4. Go to Tools > Internet Options > General Tab.
    5. In the Temporary Internet Files, select Delete Cookies > OK, and then click OK again.

Follow these Adrevolver prevention rules and protect your computer from Adrevolver and other spyware:

Rule #1: Ensure that your Windows Security is up-to-date.

Every week Microsoft provides their new updates that can always be downloaded manually from the Microsoft website. To get Microsoft Update, you should do the following steps:

1. Go to IE > Tools > Windows Update > Product Updates,
    2. Select "ALL High-Priority Security Updates" from the list,
    3. Open IE and go to Internet Options > Security > Internet,
    4. Press "Default Level" and then OK,
    5. Press "Custom Level."

Normally, cookies, which are small text files that certain Web sites leave on computers to store information identifying users and customize Web site content for them (such as the user’s Web site settings and preferences, a list of visited pages, computer details, and shopping card information), are harmless. However, some cookies may be used to track and transmit browsing preferences or other private information to online marketers and spammers.

To block adrevolver.com cookie in Internet Explorer
    • From the Tools menu of Internet Explorer, select Internet Options
    • Select the Privacy tab, and then click Sites. The Per site privacy actions window will be displayed
    • In the Per site privacy actions window, enter adrevolver.c*m in the Address of Web site field
    • Click Block