Thread: Dual Cable Modem Cannot Connect to Host

Dual Cable Modem Cannot Connect to Host

Hello , I Had a Cable Modem For my Computer , After sometime I got and New laptop Want to Connect it to internet also so instead of Purchasing a Router and I Bought a second cable modem, and splitted my internet To the both computer Through their Respective Cable modem. althought it Was Working fine For Few Days , and still it is working Fine only i Had Little issue that i can not host games or chat rooms, or servers over the internet, I an DieHard Gamer I Cant Seem to Live Without Games please Help me Solve this Issue Thanks you in Advance For Your Suggestion

Re: Dual Cable Modem Cannot Connect to Host

Hello , I had similar problem with my Single modem if you go to Network Connections,and on the network card right click it,then click 'disable',then right click again after its been disabled,and click 'enable',should say network connection2,should work then,this fixed it for me.Hope it helps.

Re: Dual Cable Modem Cannot Connect to Host

Hello . The cable modem is a modem, not a router. The problem is the NIC in question has a setting for the mac address(in device manager), and it is currently set to not assigned. You can assign it any mac address you want in this setting as well. The NIC did pick up DHCP from a router, it just wont from the modem. As far as I can remember, no faults when doing the release and renew, other than obviously saying it couldnt renew the IP address.