Thread: Which Firewall for 64-bit Vista Ultimate

Which Firewall for 64-bit Vista Ultimate

I have a PC running Vista Ultimate 64 bit on what I have now installed the Trial version of antivirus Avira Antivir Premium 2009. I connect to the Internet via a U.S. Robotics Router, which incorporates an internal firewall. Since each discharge so something with mule... can I satisfy the firewall built into Vista Ultimate 64-bit or should I go for specific software?

However, I am very disappointed by this. SO I am giving more trouble than good... despite the powerful components of my PC almost... almost back to XP 32 bit... so in 2009 Vista will retire.

Aspect of your products advice.

Re: Which Firewall for 64-bit Vista Ultimate

Avira antivirus you can download the free version, it changes little and nothing. Is known that a hardware firewall is much more functional than a software firewall, so if you use the router you can be quietly without software firewall.

View that gives problems. Well, (almost) all will agree, the retirement of Vista in 2009, for me it is already 1 years ago

You can enable Windows Firewall, it is not bad.

I'm finalizing a news - on Windows 7 review, the graphics will be painful, the kernel does not have rewritten from scratch as it was around, the rest seems good. Already four months from ATi and nVIDIA drivers have prepared complete, so in mid-2009 all will be ready.

2010 Please, just 3 years.

Looking for windows firewall by the search bar you can access the windows advanced firewall and a bunch of options and lots of customization. If you know where to put your hands you can configure everything you need from there.

The other problems which are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus View Post
    the kernel does not have rewritten from scratch as it was around, the rest seems good.
    Microsoft has never said

We believe that within 2 years we can rewrite from scratch the kernel of an operating system like Windows? You have the idea that there would be regression?