Thread: Local area connection: a network cable is unplugged?

Local area connection: a network cable is unplugged?

hi,
    My computer bringing up a message saying Local area connection: a network cable is unplugged,my internet speed has slowed down tremendously. when all my cables are plugged in.I'm really tired of my internet connection being cut,What could be the problem and how might I fix it?

Re: Local area connection: a network cable is unplugged?

Sounds like the network card on your computer is bad. A computer network is anything from two connected computers and up, so if you're computer is connected to a modem, router, switch, hub, or other computer, then you should not have a problem with your local area connection.

Even if you're not getting a proper connection to another device, you would still get a message that you would have limited or no connectivity. The red X would be replaced with an exclamation point. If this doesn't happen, you can bet it's the NIC on the computer.

First thing. disable your Local Area Network Connection.when you are connected what is your signal strength?

how far away from the Access point are you?

The network cable is loose or unplugged. To resolve this issue, verify that the network cable is plugged in securely to the correct locations on the computer and on the network device. or The network cable is defective or damaged. Examine the cable for breaks, for tears in the outer covering, or for damaged connectors. Test the network connection by using a network cable that works. If another network cable resolves the issue, replace the defective network cable.

IN TERMS OF NETWORK CABLE(COMPUTER ADAPTER?)
    Would buying a new laptop commuter adapter be an issue in this matter?
    I just purchased a new adapter for my laptop due to some defects in my old one. I have a feeling the adapter is not the correct match because it's a tidy bit loose. The computer comes on and opens to see my desktop. I can use other programs, but I cannot access my internet. I have an Exclamation mark next to my connection icon too...
    PLEASE HELP!

As you are saying that there is issue with your adapter so i feel the same thing.Did you try it with the any other appropriate adapter. or maybe there will be issue with your adapter driver. so i will suggest you to install the most up to date driver for your adapter. i hope this will help you.