Thread: Port forwarding problems with Linksys WRT54G

Port forwarding problems with Linksys WRT54G

hi,
    i reinstall router due to some problem and after that i lost my setting ,I disabled UPnP for security reasons.I don't have a static ip .I have tried various settings on the router and my internet settings, but nothing changes. I have tried the port forwarding and also the Upnp,Can you please tell me what these port forwarding settings on my linksys.

Re: Port forwarding problems with Linksys WRT54G

Well what is the problem? What ports are you trying to forward? How do you know they "don't work"?

Under Application put what the port will be used for like "Web Server" Start port would be 80 and end port would be 80. Leave protocol alone unless you only want to allow TCP or UDP. Under IP Address run an ipconfig and fill in the last octet. Check enable. Click the apply button if there is one and you should be set.

You shouldn't even have to forward your ports with Azureus, as long as you have a UPnP capable router (WRT54G is) it should automatically be able to map the ports considering UPnP is enabled. Chances are your ISP is blocking those ports, I would call them about it, make up some story that you need those ports to be open so you can access something at work.

Port forward allows inbound connection through your router. If you are using P2P program like limeware, kazaa, emule, bearshare you would want other to have access to your shared files. It can also be used if you need to have external access to you computer from outside.

AND NO port forwarding will not make your connection faster