Thread: SBS 2008 Kicking Users Out

SBS 2008 Kicking Users Out

Hi! I am new to the boards and have a very frustrating problem.

I am the tech for a company with about 20 users. We just replaced their old Windows 2000 Advanced Server with a 2008 SBS server. We are currently using this server to run DHCP, DNS, Exchange (Eventually will set that up), and basic file/printer sharing. They honestly don't really do TOO much with this server. All workstations are running Windows XP Pro.

Currently there are three printers setup on the server that everyone accesses. Each user has their own data folder setup and shared to them, as well as a main shared folder that everyone can access. The third share is for the program they all run. Herein lies the problem.

The program has no registry entries. It has no program-component that is run from the workstation. It is simply a file-share that users run the program from. I have given all users Full control to this share. The limit for TCP connections is set to maximum (16 thousand or something like that?), and all users are setup as local administrators on their workstations. They can access the Internet just fine, and their shares are always available. They do, however, get kicked out of this program at random. Sometimes 1 person can stay in all day and everyone else gets kicked out at random times, sometimes 2-5 people at a time.

ANY ideas you have would be helpful! I have reloaded the NIC drivers on the server, even replaced the switches thinking that maybe the old ones were the problem. The server doesn't really show anything in the event viewer and the only error on the workstation logs is: Source: Application Error Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Faulting application

The server config is: Intel Server Board, Xeon 3330, 8GB DDR2, 2 500GB Sata (Mirrored), the board has a built-in Gigabit NIC.

This is driving me crazy!

Re: SBS 2008 Kicking Users Out

Hi,

Follow the steps below:
    • Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    • Locate the following registry subkey:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Type 1 Installer\Type 1 Fonts
    • Rename the Type 1 Fonts registry entry.

For more information : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914048