Thread: Pc freezes while doing SpySweeper scan

angry Pc freezes while doing SpySweeper scan

Hey Guys,

Whenever i try to scan my computer with the help of SpySweeper, my pc freezes out in between of the scanning process. I don't know why i'm having such problem on my pc but every time it gets freezes out whenever i try to scan my pc. Can any body tell me that why i can't scan my pc? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: Pc freezes while doing SpySweeper scan

First, do a disk cleanup to clear the browser cache and other unnecessary files.

Go to Start--> Run and type in the box: Cleanmgr. Wait while Windows scans your system for files to delete. Make sure these 3 are checkmarked and press *ok* to delete them.

• Temporary Files
    • Temporary Internet Files
    • Recycle Bin

One observation recently for the freezing is that certain security software all running at the same time can cause conflicts. A number of Adaware users who also are running the beta version of SpySweeper have reported that disabling SpySweeper during an Adaware scan has resolved that conflict.

To temporarily disable SpySweeper: Right click the Spy sweeper icon in the notification area (right side) of the system tray and choose shut down. Try scanning again with Adaware, it should be able to complete the scan.

To re-enable SpySweeper: Start it again from Start--> All programs--> Webroot--> Spy Sweeper

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).